Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DJ Switch Wins Glo X Factor, Walks Away With N25Million, SUV and Sony Record Deal

 DJ Switch in action

Obianuju Catherine Udeh, aka DJ Switch who was one of the crowd’s favorite on the show is the winner of the first edition of  Glo X Factor. She was crowned the winner after the finale was held yesterday.
DJ Switch won the $150,000 prize money (N24 million), an SUV and a recording contract with SONY music.

Read below her exclusive interview just before the finale:


Out of the thousands that came for the auditions, you have made it to the top three, how do you feel?

I feel like the most blessed person here! It’s God’s favor that has helped me all the way. I don’t know a lot of people, but, somehow, God has given me fans; people I don’t even know have taken it upon themselves to vote for me. I’m really glad.

What will you give to be the last girl standing?

By God’s grace, I've been giving everything that I have since I came. If I could drop a leg on the stage to win, I would do it. I’m still going to give my best.

You've never been in the bottom two, what can you say has been working for you?

It’s simply God’s grace.

What has Glo X Factor added to you?

Before I came for the show i thought I was an artist but I was wrong. I wasn't matured enough to be called an artist then, I was just a rapper. But the competition molded me into a new person, a complete performer. Now, I can call myself an artist. X Factor has beefed up my confidence and composure. Big thanks to Globacom.

What should your fans be excepting from you?

Expect a different type of act. Yes, I’m a woman and we’re often underestimated in our performance. This is a big stage, but my dreams are bigger. This show has taught me that it’s not just about coming out and looking at people. You have to entertain them, and I’m willing to do that! To everybody out there, you can achieve your dreams, but you can’t do that if you’re still sleeping and dreaming. You must go out to chase it.

How would yous pend the N24 million?

I will pay my tithe out of it. Invest more into myself musically and some other things may follow like an investment.

Big congrats to her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent post I'm a big X-factor fan from sweden

Here is my blog post - Gaston Tracey