Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

"Last Of A Dying Breed, Only Kanye, Beyonce Are On My Level" - Lil Wayne Brags

Lil Wayne Brags: ‘Last Of A Dying Breed’ ‘Only Kanye, Beyonce Are On My Level’

Few days before The Carter V album hits record stores and the Internet, Lil Wayne turns up on the cover of NYLON Guys magazine flashing his signature platinum-plated smile.

Within the cover story, the self-proclaimed “greatest rapper alive” says he’s the “last of a dying breed” and that his music has always been bigger than just Billboard hits and social media successes. He also says that the only other people on his level are Kanye West and Beyoncé.

“When I first started [rapping], you only did it to be the best,” Wayne recalls. “Not to have a hot song or popularity or for Instagram or Twitter. You have to want to be unforgettable. The only other people who I can think of like that are Kanye and BeyoncĂ©”

“What I mean by that is that all I am is music. That’s all I do and all I know, 366 days a year, 25 hours a day, eight days a week,” he added. “This is my life and what I breathe. This isn’t something I do. It’s who I am.”

In the light of the altercation between Weezy and Birdman, we reported that Lil Wayne Blasted Cash Money and Birdman On Twitter, disclosing that he ‘wants nothing to do with the label’ and feels like a prisoner under the label.

He further apologised to his fans and explained why it has taken so long for his album to drop and he directly blamed Cash Money Records and Birdman.

Weezy has built up the anticipation for his eleventh studio album, The Carter V, with the release of “Believe Me” and a series of push-backs. We hope Cash Money releases the album at the set date so we can all enjoy his new music.

No comments: