Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

I Was Abandoned After Our Famous Match With Nigeria’s AGN - Van Vicker


Recalling that AGN members led by Ibinabo Fiberesima travelled to Ghana in March to play a football match with their Ghanaian counterparts. Ghanaian actor Van Vicker is not happy with the Guild" for abandoning him after he sustained a serious injury that led to his being hospitalized for days during the match and later had to leave the country for the US for better treatment. According to him;

"I was first admitted at Sunshine Hospital in Ghana and later transferred to United states of America where I am still receiving medical treatment, but had to come to Ghana to continue with my movie shoot, and then go back for check- up"

"I believe one of the responsibilities of the Guild is to support its members, or support the interest of Ghanaian actors. I am a member of GAG and that was why I went to play for the Guild and also to represent Ghana in the name of the Guild. I was told that the match was to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day and if for nothing at all, the Guild should have shown concern," he lamented.

"I think it is a sign of ingratitude, because it’s just like going to work for a friend and getting injured in the process and the friend turns deaf ears to how you are recovering."

No comments: