Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

"At 50, I Can Still Act Nude" - Veteran Actress, Clarion Chukwurah


Veteran Nollywood actress Clarion Chukwurah, set to turn 50 in few months in this new interview with The NET talks about her memories of growing up, her career, her plans for the Actors Guild of Nigeria and acting nude in movies. See excerpts below...

Is there a role you haven’t played yet and wish you would?
I would like to play the role of a woman by the roadside who is selling boli with about six kids at home and an alcoholic husband and she has to bring sanity to all of that. I have interviewed such women in the course of my work with the initiative and I really admire the tenacity of women like that because I don’t have it....

And is there a role you will never play?
There’s no role I will never play. I am an actor and if that role has a message that I think makes sense for me to fathom, I’d play it....

What if it borders around nudity?
It depends on the context of the nudity. Is it a woman who went nude as a result of her mental state?...

If it was that, would you play it?
If I see a message that is worthy of me passing, I will....

No comments: