Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Los Angeles Clippers owner, Donald Sterling Finally Apologizes For Racist Remarks


Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who was recently banned for life from the NBA over racist comments, has finally apologized and asked for forgiveness in his first public statement since the controversy began last month, CNN said on Sunday. In an interview to be broadcast on Monday, Sterling told CNN he made a terrible mistake but was not a racist.

"I love my league, I love my partners. Am I entitled to one mistake? It's a terrible mistake, and I'll never do it again," Sterling said in the interview, according to CNN. "I'm here to apologize."

His comments came about two weeks after National Basketball Association commissioner Adam Silver fined the billionaire businessman $2.5m and banned him after a tape surfaced of Sterling telling a female friend not to associate with black people.

"The reason it's hard for me, very hard for me, is that I'm wrong. I caused the problem. I don't know how to correct it," Sterling told CNN when asked why he had taken so long to speak out.

No comments: