Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

“Someone Who’s Jealous Of Me Is Out To Ruin My Reputation” - Weird MC Laments


Few weeks ago, Nigerian female rapper, Shola Idowu better known as Weird MC went on a defensive Twitter rant to lash out at people generating rumours about her, insinuating that she uses drugs to enhance her stage performances.

In a new interview with Punch, the rapper opens up about the rumours, she believes someone out there is trying to tarnish her public image. In her own words, she said...

“Someone may be seeing me as a threat or it may be a product of jealousy. When people start coming at you, then there is a reason, and that is why I have to check it. You must be an energetic performer because what you do in the studios is different from what you do on stage. So, if you can’t appreciate someone’s natural gift, common don’t tear it down in the name of competition, that is not right.”

When asked if she had issues with anyone in the industry, she said:
“How can I have an issue with someone when I have been quiet for a while, who am I going to have an issue with. I’m a very reserved person and I keep to myself. It is purely from competition, jealousy or someone feeling threatened. It’s strange. It could even be a case of somebody went to a place where I was also considered for an opportunity and maybe the person was considered too, and the person tried to say something to discredit me.”

Additionally, she said:
“It wouldn’t have been an issue if I was a male artiste. That I know for sure, because people wouldn’t expect a lady to display so much energy. I give you value 100 per cent. For people who can’t deal with it, it’s their problem if they are still stuck in their ignorant ways, not my problem. Internationally, that is what is expected of you as a standard. You must be an energetic performer because what you do in the studios is different from what you do on stage. So, if you can’t appreciate someone’s natural gift, don’t tear it down in the name of competition, that is not right.”

No comments: