Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

'I Had A Huge Crush On Genevieve, I Never Dated Rita Dominic' - Banky W


In an interview on YNaija's RubbinMinds programme this afternoon, Banky W opened up about his relationship status, people he's had crushes on and girls he's never dated. See all that after the cut...


Banky W admitted that he had a huge on Genevieve and tried to pursue her but it didn't work out,
"I tried but Genevieve is Genevieve. I had a big crush on her at one point but now we are really cool friends," he said.

Banky also revealed he had a huge crush on singer Niyola when he first came back to Nigeria to pursue his music career but didn't go after her because she was in an on/off relationship and when she became single, he'd already signed her to his record label and had assumed a big brother role in her life. The crush died, he said.

Asked if he is under any pressure to get married, Banky W said;
"I think that there is a certain pressure that society brings and probably even more so the Nigerian society. So like your parents, once you graduate they start asking when you are going to get married so you can get me grand children...so its just the mentality but I think its probably an unhealthy obsession with weddings and probably not as great an obsession with healthy marriages and for me its like who you get married to or when you get married is one of the major decisions that you can make. So its wiser that you do it when you are sure that you are ready and you have found the person that you want to do it with and so on and so forth rather than succumb to whatever pressure or whatever it is because nobody is going to live that life with you. Nobody is going to wake up with the person for the rest of your life. So I dont believe in that and I think my parents know me well enough to not....they know I don't respond to such things. So do I look forward to getting married? Absolutely but when the person and the time is right. I have friend who I went to school with who got married and are now divorced and I don't want that to be my story so I would rather wait, find the person, make myself right, make the person right and so on and so forth and do it right one time rather than try and fail and be married for 72 days."

Banky W also revealed that he will be taking 2 and a half months off the music scene to pursue a course in directing/film-making in New York in September.

No comments: