Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Jet Li - "I'm In Pains, I'm Not A Hero. I'm Just Like You", As He Battles Hyperthyroidism

CHINA MAINLAND OUT

Martial arts superstar Jet Li is battling hyperthyroidism. The Chinese action movie star reveals his health issue during the taping of a Chinese talent show where he is judging. "I have hyperthyroidism, sometimes I'd lose 15 kilograms, sometimes I'd gain 15 kilograms," he says.

"I'm really fat right now. That's a fact. And I haven't had a chance to slim down, because the medication I am taking controls my heart rate, so I cannot exercise," he continues. "I'll wait until the doctor says I can do simple exercises before slimming down." The martial arts actor, 50, is determined to beat the illness, "I have brilliant days when I am at my best, as well as days when I question whether I can still continue working. I can be in pain, but I cannot cry, and must face it head on."

"I'm just a regular guy, I'm not Wong Fei Hung, I'm not Huo Yuan Jia," the actor continues, referring to the kung fu heroes he portrays on films, "I'm not a hero. I'm just like you." He adds, "I'm in pain, but I'm not suffering. I'm happy." Jet Li will reprise his role as Yin Yang, a hand-to-hand combat expert, in Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables 3".

No comments: