Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Yomi Casuals - How I Got Zack Orji To Model For Me Free


The 2014 collection of Yomi Casual (YC), AY comedian ’s younger brother, Makun Omoniyi is a testimony of a creative designer and while showcasing his works, the award winning designer explained why his new collection is out early and how he got top Nigerian celebrities like Ali Baba, Zack Orji, Desmond Elliot and other to model for him.


Yomi said "This collection is entitled, The Redefined Man. I’m trying to show what the proper African man should look like in 2014. Some people think you must dress in suit to go to the office, but I believe that this is what a boss is supposed to wear and if you see some of the celebrities I used, they are bosses.

If you are a musician and you have a hit, your fans celebrate you for that moment If you leave them for long time without dropping anything fresh, they will dump you.That is what is happening now.I noticed that when I call some of my clients and say, Sir, happy new month, we’ve not seen you for some months and they reply, "What do you have for us because we’ve bought everything you have".

I have some clients that make everything I put out in different colours. It got to a point that I was wondering what’s happening to Yomi Casual. I realised that I had to come up with something new. I was keeping my new designs for 2014 but I couldn’t wait anymore, I needed to bring it out before they say Yomi Casual is out of ideas." he further said

A lot of people modeled for this 2014 collection but they didn’t make the list because I was not satisfied with some of them. I won’t mention their names. I will keep them for next year though; maybe I will just unveil them for February collection for Valentine. For this particular collection, these are the men that really showcased what I wanted. In spite of the fact that they are very big, they respect my brand.

Zack Orji for instance, anytime I tell him that sir, my collection is out, I want you to model. He will say, Yomi, no problem. You are my boy, I’m here for you. This is a man that I met just last year and he loves and respects my brand. He even told me something.

He said the only thing that will make him drive from his house to model for me for free is because of my character. I love your brother, he is very humble and I can see the same traits in you. Sometimes, I would just be wondering, is this me? When I look back and see what I have achieved within a short while, I just tell God, thank you.

Something happened in London recently. I went for a show and I clothed my brother as usual, and when he came on stage to a crowd of over 5,000 people and he was like, ‘Can you guys guess what I’m wearing?’ and the whole hall screamed, ‘Yomi Casual’. I was backstage smiling with pride. I see the recognition of my work as an achievement." he excitedly disclosed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

INSPIRING