Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2 Chainz Facing Jail Time Over Summer Arrest


2 Chainz may be facing jail time over an arrest that took place four months ago. All Hip-Hop shares that the "No Lie" rapper was officially charged with a misdemeanor for obstructing of justice, stemming from his  run-in with police in Oklahoma this summer. Chainz took to Twitter to share his dismay. "So the fact that OKC is charging me with obstruction months after pulling my bus over And finding nothing lets me know the devil is busy," he tweeted on Christmas Eve.

Back in August, Chainz was pulled over in his tour bus during the 'America's Most Wanted' tour. A representative from the Oklahoma Police Department told MTV News that the rapper's bus was pulled over and the driver was arrested after cops suspected that there was drug use onboard. The rapper and his entourage locked the bus door and refused to let police in without a search warrant, maintaining their innocence.

Later 2 Chainz explained on "RapFix Live"  that he was sick of being a target. "I don't do anything illegal," he said. "You're not gonna find a kilo on my bus. You're not gonna find an unregistered reason. I went to work all last year. I paid taxes. I did everything I was supposed to do. So maybe people need to start aiming at some criminals. For me, I'm cold turkey on all criminal activities. I don't wanna do anything criminal. It's just about wasting your time, my time and taxpayers' money."

No comments: