Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Photos: Beyoncé Holds Private Album Release Party At Dave And Buster's In Times Square

Beyonce celebrates at her album release party

Beyoncé who secretly released her new album exclusively on iTunes last week clearly had plenty of energy left following her concert at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on Thursday, Dec. 19. Soon after her show ended, the "XO" singer made her way over to none other than Dave & Buster's in Times Square to celebrate the success of her new self-titled album. Queen Bey posted quite a few pics from the event on Instagram, where she was joined by several fans and friends, including Drake, who collaborated with Beyoncé on the track "Mine." In addition to Drake, the album also includes collaborations with husband Jay Z, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Frank Ocean, Pharrell Williams and Justin Timberlake.

Beyonce

As to why she opted to go a different release route, Beyoncé explained that she wanted to change the way music is received. In a clip on her Facebook page, posted after the album dropped, she told fans: "I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I'm able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn't want anybody to give that message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready from me to my fans."

Beyonce

No comments: