Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Don’t Want To Leave My Career To Push His Career – Timaya On Patoranking’s Exit From His Label

I Feel Heartbroken, But My Carrier Must Go On – Timaya

Music star and Dem Mama Records boss, Timaya, is still surprised about Patoranking’s exit from his label. The 'Ukwu' crooner revealed this to TheNET at the Star Music Trek 2014 unveiling on March 19, 2014, Wednesday. When asked about his relationship with Patoranking, Timaya got a bit nervous and replied: “Am bigger than one guy level, I don’t want to leave my career to push his career, he is on another p, I put him somewhere else, I don’t have issues with Patoranking, I handled him first, paid for his Alubarika’s video”. The popular singer further revealed that his collaboration with Sean Paul on Watta Bam Bam remix, which was shot three weeks ago in Miami US, would be dropping mid-week.

It would be recalled that Patoranking hooked up with Timaya in 2012 and is believed to have signed with Dem Mama Records. He also began working with the label’s manager Prince Oluzor. In the middle of last year, Dem Mama Records released Patoranking’s official debut single titled “Alubarika” and, shortly, dropped a video for it in August. It has been quite successful in Nigeria and Malaysia.
The sources of funding Patoranking’s project were unclear. The 'Ukwu' singer has been reportedly surprised by Patoranking’s move to ditch the label in January 2014. The rising artiste just ignores Timaya’s attempts to contact him

According to TheNET, Patoranking now associates with a new label FOSTON MUSIK, which released his new single “Girlie O” in February 2014.

No comments: