Monday, October 12, 2015

See Photos From The Beer Parlour Explosion Caused By Defective Refrigerator In Lagos

An explosion which caused a scare in the Oworonsoki area of Lagos metropolis on Sunday afternoon around 1.05pm, has been traced to a 'leaking refrigerator' in a beer shop attached to a residential building in the area which is located at No. 88, Oworo Road, Oworonsoki, Lagos State.

Four persons,  including a six months old baby who were injured in the explosion, were taken to intensive care unit of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital while three adults who had minor injuries have also been hospitalized at Afolabi hospital close to the scene of the explosion.

General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Micheal Akindele who spoke on the scene, said the agency can authoritatively link the explosion to a defective refrigerator in the shop.

However, a reporter noted that the refrigerator that reportedly caused the explosion remained largely intact.

No comments: