Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Katy Perry: "I Don't Have to Get Naked to Be Noticed"

                                     

Katy Perry talked about being a role model for younger fans in an interview with NPR and touched the topic of celebrities getting naked as she promoted her album, "Prism". "I do see myself becoming this, whatever, inspiration out of default right now because it's such a strange world. Like females in pop - everybody's getting naked," the "Walking on Air" singer said on Saturday, October 26.

"I mean, I've been naked before, but I don't feel like I have to always get naked to be noticed. But it's interesting to see," Katy continued. The 29-year-old singer, however, insisted that she was not directing her comments at certain performers.

"I'm not talking about anyone in particular," she explained. "I'm talking about all of them. I mean, it's like, put it away. We know you've got it. I got it too. I've taken it off before and I'm not necessarily judging. I'm just saying sometimes it's nice to play that card but also it's nice to play other cards... I know I have that sexy card in my deck but I don't always have to use that card."

No comments: