Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How I Got My 36 Karat Diamond/Gold Ring - MBGN, Anna Banner Reveals

annaanna

Few days tothe Valentine’s Day last month, the reigning Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN), Anna Banner shared a photo on her Instagram handle, showing a diamond/sapphire ring on her finger with the caption: “OMG!!!!!!…. can’t believe dis…. n its not even valentines day.. sapphire n diamond."

Ever since, rumours have been flying around that the beauty queen is now engaged and would be getting married anytime soon. Banner, who also functions as the Special Assistant on Culture and Tourism in Bayelsa State, has come forward to deny these claims in a recent interview, where she said:

“The guy who gave me the ring is just a friend. He is not my boyfriend. There is nothing between us. It was like 3-days before Valentine. And it was given to me by a friend of mine, who is like my godfather, an elderly white man. I was actually given two rings, a sapphire/diamond ring and gold/diamond. He gave me that because my birthday was around the corner and Valentine as well, and he wasn’t going to be around on those two occasions.

I was very excited because that was my first diamond ring. He even gave me the certificate for the rings. So, right there, in his house, I posted it on Instagram. But I didn’t add anything like ‘my boo gave it to me’. The diamond/sapphire is 26 karat while the diamond/gold is 36 karat. I  am single for now but I don’t plan to remain single. When I have a boyfriend, everybody will know.”

No comments: