Monday, October 5, 2015

Man Arrested For Beheading Man After Stealing From Him, Strangles Girlfriend For Aborting His Pregnancy

A 25-year-old man, Cyril Ojango Etim pictured above, has been arrested by the Cross Rivers state police command for beheading 34 year old Ubong Asuquo, after stealing N4,000 from him at his home in Old Netim, Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River State on February 27th this year.

Sunday Sun reports that Etim had stormed the home of the deceased and stole the money from him. On sighting Etim, the deceased decided to engage him in a hot chase so that he could collect his money and also teach Etim a lessson because this was the second time he had stolen his money. When he caught up with him inside a bush, Etim overpowered the victim and used a cutlass to behead the deceased.

After killing the deceased, Etim immediately left the state to Akwa Ibom to take refuge and evade police arrest. In the course of investigations, the Assistant Commissioner of Police, in-charge of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Ganiyu Salami revealed that police detectives discovered the alleged role of Etim in the death of Asuquo and eventually traced him to Akwa Ibom, where he was arrested in August 2015. He was also discovered to have strangled one of his girlfriends who got pregnant for him and aborted her 2 month old pregnancy.

When interrogated, Etim confessed to raping his female victims, saying;

"I have raped ladies and also stolen various things from people. Yes, it is true that one lady I tried to rape escaped from me and told the youths in my area. The youths beat me. I had a girlfriend, Esther, who became pregnant after I raped her. She told me that she was pregnant and that it had reached two months. I told her to keep the preg­nancy. She refused and aborted it. When she told me that she aborted the pregnancy, I strangled her. I was arrested by police men at Akamkpa. They took me to court, and kept me in Afokang Prison in Calabar. It was when the chief judge visited the prison yard that I was released in 2014.”

He also recounted how he stole and beheaded his last armed robbery victim, saying;

"I stole money from the house of Asuquo two times. The first time I stole N3000. When I went the second time, I took N4000, but the man saw me leaving his house and I ran away to the bush. He pursued me with his motorcycle. In the bush we fought and I used his cutlass to cut off his head. I ran to my village in Akwa Ibom State in February 2015. The police came there to arrest me in July 2015.”

He will soon be charged to court by the police.

No comments: