Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Meet Tolulola Egunjobi, Our Phenomenal African Woman Of The Week


Meet Tolulola Egunjobi our Phenomenal African woman of the week, she is an ambitious entrepreneur, a surprise expert and the CEO of Red Ribbons Gifts (the company that helps people to surprise their loved ones with beautiful and unique gifts based on their budgets).

Tolulola Egunjobi aka TeeGold, whom according to a close source while describing her says is "a very passionate giver, a workaholic that takes are business very serious, she works round the clock and hardly sleep at night because she's always on her system working to ensure she satisfies all her customers", in an exclusive interview with Phenomenal African Woman, talked about her life, passion, role models and background. Read excerpts below...


CAN WE MEET YOU?
I'm Tolulola Egunjobi, the first child of my parents. I love making friends and meeting new people. It gladdens my heart to see people happy. I'm very passionate about giving and helping people in anyway. I'm not really an outspoken person but a whirlwind inside. I love God and I put him first in everything that I do. I was in the banking industry for 9 years before I started my own business. I'm the CEO of Red Ribbons Gifts. A company that helps people to surprise their loved ones with beautiful and unique gifts based on their budgets. Be it birthdays, Valentine, Christmas, New year, Easter, Father's day, Mother's day, Children's day, Random etc. I'm also a make up artist and I've online accessories store.

WHAT FUELS YOU?
I'm driven by Faith, Courage and Passion.

"Faith has worked wonders in my life. It makes you have a big picture. It gives you a target. It makes you closer to God because it shows you only rely on it."

"Courage is just like taking a bold step. It motivates you to do more in life. You're able to face many things without complaining."

"Passion: I'm very passionate in everything I do. I love being the best in everything I do. Relationships with people, work etc"

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST INFLUENCE?
"God is my inspiration. I put God first in everything that I do which fills my heart with love and his fear in me."

"Queen Esther is also an inspiration, she's shows that you can attain any level in life and that there's power in prayer." My son inspires me so much. He's my drive. He motivates me to do more.

WHO ARE YOUR TOP THREE ROLE MODELS?
I've so many but I'd mention 3 as requested .

"Oprah Winfrey: She's gone through a whole lot in life and she conquered. She didn't let her past be an obstacle. She life story is quite inspiring."

"Barack Obama: He proved to everyone that there's no limit in life. He's the 1st African American President and he made history. He wasn't intimidated by discrimination."

"I admire Linda Ikeji too. She tells her story often for people to k‎now that there's light at the end of the tunnel. She has really done well for herself. She didn't give up. Kim Kardashian also used her shame as a climb to fame not a stumbling block."

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS?
I'll love to have branches globally. I'll be glad to encourage people to give more to others. I'll love to be known globally for what I do. I'll also love to have home for less privileged.

WHAT ARE THE AFRICAN WOMAN’S CHALLENGES TO YOU?
I'm so glad a lot of women are standing for themselves now. We have a voice. We are willing to be heard. We now have a lot of women entrepreneurs with is quite motivating.

"African women should be celebrated and recognized more. African women have incredible strength. We're super strong. We take care of our homes, pregnancy, put to bed, nursing baby, house cleaning, supporting financially. We're incredible." She added.

HOW DO YOU RELAX?
I study. I mean I study anything and everything. I love learning. Internet has helped in a lot of ways. I watch TV as well, educative ‎,informative and motivating channels. I love good movies and I love travelling as well

WHAT ARE YOUR OBJECTIVES?
My goal is to ensure that each of us cultivate the habit of giving. It soothes the heart. There are blessings attached to it. Let's show love to everyone around us.

YOUR FINAL WORDS OF ADVICE?
Be the best you can be. Don't be in competition with anyone. Ensure you sow into people's lives and make life conducive for everyone around you. Even if they don't appreciate or recognize what you do for them, k‎eep doing it. God will reward you.

Credit: Phenomenal African Woman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is big, bold and beautiful, no contact details to reach her

Omopariola B said...

Wow this is very deep. Women are loaded and they can do a lot despite the odds. Welldone dear sis for your commitment and focus. The sky is your beginning.