Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Photos: Governor Ayodele Fayose Distributes Sallah Rams In Ekiti


Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, yesterday distributed rams to Islamic faithfuls in Ekiti state to celebrate Sallah, appealing to them to shun politicians attempting to cause division among them with religious sentiments.

A communique signed by the state’s Assistant Secretary, League of Imams and Alfas, Alhaji Quadri Oguntuase, and two others, had earlier ordered Muslims in the state not to collect rams and other food items for Sallah celebration, if presented to them in any form by the government.


However, the General Secretary of the League, Alhaji Abdulrazak Adenipekun, in a counter-statement ordered Muslims in the state to ignore the ban on Sallah’s gift. Distributing the rams in Government House, Fayose said he won’t allow himself to be dragged into playing politics with religion in the State. He said:

“I won’t allow anybody to drag me into playing politics with religion. What I am doing today is a demonstration of love and support for the Muslims. I am not that kind of a leader who does things with religious interest.

“I will do same to Christians at Christmas exactly what I am doing to Muslims today. Ekiti is one whether you are Muslim or Christian and this is the spirit I want all of us to imbibe.

“In my actions and conducts, every Ekiti man knows that I am going to relate with you whether you are a Christian or Muslim. The two are the same. I have no preference for either of the two. I am the governor today and if Muslims get there tomorrow, we will all support him."

No comments: